Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bit - by - Bit!!

He he Bit by Bit...?? Read more and you will know...!

P.S : No offense to anyone!

The first two things an Engineering student can think of wen asked about B.E is Friends and Internals! Nothing can beat these i guess! Okies Buck up...My story begins:

In a class, there are always people who prepare well before hand; there are few who work hard the previous day; also there are few who slog during those 3 hours given and very few who chat / tease / slog / have-lunch / go-to-lecturer-to-get-the-number-of-questions-reduced in those same 3 hours!
The last kind mentioned are very rare because "Multitasking" can't be done/achieved by everyone. Fortunately/Unfortunately my class was blessed with majority of such people , whom i proudly call as my-friends!

Like always, our preparation was bad rather worse! Never had we prepared decently and written our Internals! It was Unix internals. It was in the afternoon. We had solid 3 hours to prepare. We had to eat, discuss about the paper we just wrote, comment on the gals who used to walk and tease, gossip and most importantly read.

M* was one of the rare kind of lecturers in our department. She used to hate me and S*. So we both were always trying to impress her and the other friends always found it funny!  Every time either of us impressed her, we would increase our "points". To be frank S~ managed to impress her with a score of 4 and i couldn't beat her and i always remained at 2{my score has been negative too!}.  This particular UNIX internals we had to prepare for 12 questions. I had learnt only 2 at home that too in my dream. So didn't remember anything! R* and N* knew almost 4. S* and V* didn't know anything and they planned to study in these 3 hrs and if they failed to understand the concept then they would bunk this one.

Hour 1: We went and sat in the same old place i.e. the small corner in 2nd floor. We discussed about the previous paper and opened our tiffin boxes and shared them. 20 minutes gone! V* says she is still hungry but she needs to study so didn't come up with "lets go to canteen???". Instead S* started "I badly need a walk..." n who else but me would respond to this! But then we all went for a walk and came back 10 mins later. We opened our sheets where all the 12 questions were there. 2 guys came and asked us what the questions were + we discussed what the page numbers were + we studied. One hour up!

Hour 2: H* and someone else came up and said come lets ask ma'am to reduce the number of questions! This brought a smile on all our faces. Few of them braced themselves up and went to the staff room! Its obvious me n S* didn't go... if we had then she would have definitely increased the number! They came back saying only 8 questions to study now! We were grateful her in the beginning.. but later we realized she had eliminated all the easy questions. She was too smart! Now we paced up and made sincere attempts to grasp the concept soon! One hour and 15 minutes left!

Hour 3: We didn't give up.. we studied harder, faster and louder! Amongst all the hushes and discussions another 45 minutes passed by! Time for us to pack up, pick books, wear chappals and gather tiffin dabbas and helmets and
V* says : "I can't! I am not writing, I know only two answers and nothing more. All of you carry on!".
After exchanging glances {We were pretty used to this!}
R* says :"I have studies 7 ya, I know what all questions you have studied, so i will enter the classroom and see the paper, if at least 4 questions you know  are there then i will call you in, else don't write. Is that ok?"
V* is still hesitating and now
S* says : "I too quit!"
R* speaks again : "Gals! come on.. get in and copy na,, i will show my answers".
V* shouts : "I am next to R*"
and N* decides : "Me n S* will sit together, I know only 6 answers".
Times was up! We ran to the class!

The exam: R* and V* in one long bench and N* and S* on the other. I was sitting on another bench next to these 4! All i remember is the paper being baad for me {I had learn only 4 and i knew only 2 in this paper} and me wishing "wish i was next to R*" and seeing these gals and the entire class copying Bit-by-Bit! I actually remember one fren sitting next to me and writing my answers.. dunno if it was for this paper!

The Results: The next thing i remember is the scores we got, which were :

V*  = 19
R*  = 18
S*  = 16
N*  = 15
Me  = 14

There were so many reactions to these scores! You are free to imagine :) Also,these scores favored S* . I lost the "Whom she likes more??" ka bet finally!  Whattt days... !!

12 comments:

  1. R* V* M* S*....etc..sounds like inherited functions of a code...and the marks surely look like the IPL scorecard of Deccan Chargers..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude u don't talk abt code okeh! and we couldn't help but get such marks! :( fate! But had fun every internal.. n now missin them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super shru!! but i wonder how the hell could u remember 5th sem's internal marks??? :o u cant remember what u had studied the prev nite :P hee hee
    amazing days those were, which are gone now :( i wish now also i cud go upto manager and ask him to reduce my work :(
    n ya continue writing more of these.. nice memories.. n i think i got 19 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renuka maate! Spare me! I cant forget few things ya..! Observe the marks.. Varsee n swa copied and they got more than u n nish. Plus me n varsee were discussing abt this day and she told me few marks as well! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW u did get 19! That was the least u got in ur entire engineering life! :) Cool ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha hilarious read... felt like i was reliving the entire scene...well written shru :)
    yupp i always benifitted sitting next to lenu ...i havnt thanked her enuf...so this is for u lenu maate :"thanks for all that u have helped me for!!!"
    pls keep posting more of such wonderful experiences..i miss our college days

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanku Thanku! Remember varsee, i had told u almost a month before that i would blog abt this. I got so busy so cudn't. Today at work, was free for sometime and hence wrote n finished it soon! I noted down the marks on the day u suggested me to write abt this! :P
    I too miss those days n u all too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha swa's reactions while reading:
    "wait carefully reading n believe me i m recollecting it ...vandu image create maadkondu"

    she wont change.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha nice one ...if i were to write a blog then probably i would ve written the one where i signed got up left ...next varshha wrote heading signed and went and then soma wrote a page signed and left...and given it a title "gutsy girls" or "the power puff girls "....but naaice :D ...cheers to u shru!!!...and also remember the "cant convince them then confuse them lab viva "...that was the best but I think varsha was missing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo that was one hell of a viva ya! We 4 were awesome! But i don rem much now.. hmm! watttt days ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3/12/2010

    Its been about 2 months since I read you posts and you have a written a wholesome in that gap!
    Very descriptive and well written. Typical internals scenario well portrayed. Keep up the good writing!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ther,
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Feel free to write whats in ur mind about the post you read..!! A Good day to u!!