Friday, October 9, 2015

Fever drama in babies

My 15 month son has been having fever once every month and I'm like totally lost about the reason. Ped says 6-7 viral fevers are fine in a year. A blood test revealed that he was anemic but has that got to do anything with a fever.  When he was 11 month he had this intermittent fever. As in he got it 3 times in that  month. 

OK coming to medication : Me being me, being a science student use a lot of thinking before giving medicine. I'm currently in India. My ped says that I shouldn't give medicine till it's 100 degrees. N I believe in that too. More over my son is active and I use my discretion and judgment to give fever medicine. This is what my docs say n i believe too. Infact I try to give the paracetamol medicines and not the ibuprofen medicines, but still the latter work better on him so I alternate it. Paracetamol should be given once every 4 hrs and ibuprofen once every 6-7 hrs. So basically, sometimes I wonder is this what all mothers are doing? Do you guys as well think so many times before giving medicines? 

We have learnt right that body reacts to a virus by increasing temp. So that's body's reaction to a forieng particle. This is the explanation I give to people and family and some people totally fail to comprehend this. I get judged as a stubborn mother who wants to do her own stuff. Why I say why?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ther,
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Feel free to write whats in ur mind about the post you read..!! A Good day to u!!