Sunday, October 4, 2009

Which EYE??

Take a camera, open the shutter, look into the viewfinder, focus on the object for 1 or 2 seconds and then CLICK! This is how i take a photo :) and is also the simplest way to take one... unless you have a very sophisticated camera!

Now the question is, when you are clicking a picture in your camera, you look into the viewfinder through your right eye or your left eye??

I just happened to suddenly think of this. Am so used to clicking pictures with my left eye. I actually tried it with the right one too, but i couldn't. May be my left eye is dominant i thought. Moreover, i cant wink with my left eye, may be thats why i use it to take pictures. Also, i am a right-handed person so that means i use more of my left brain, meaning my right eye is the one which's more functional! Awesome! two contradicting thoughts.

Years before, had heard it from a doc, rather he taught me how to choose which eye is better..?? Hmm.. for that you need to keep both your eyes open at first,
  • Stretch your arm out and point your thumb to any far object;
  • Try to aim at it accurately;
  • Without moving your thumb;
  • Close your left eye and observe the distance between the thumb and the object.
  • Close your right eye and observe the distance between the thumb and the object.

The eye which your thumb got closest to the chosen object is your "best eye" :D And according to this my right eye is more sharp! Anyways i am not able to decide which eye of mine is sharper than the other.... atleast i hope it helped you decide!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna observe the next time I pick up my camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he:) Do it! n do tell me!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ther,
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Feel free to write whats in ur mind about the post you read..!! A Good day to u!!